Saturday morning will come fast and Stratton is waiting for us with some fresh powder! A couple of notes:
1. All rules that you signed at the start of the season are in effect. This is a school function and I don't anticipate any problems.
2. Helmets: You guys have been great. Keep them on like everyone else and you'll stay safe. Take them off and you sit in the lodge. This is not the trip to sit in the lodge!
3. Ski Buddy: If you don't have a ski buddy for some reason, I need to know this before Saturday. Otherwise, stick together. These trails split a lot more often so no taking off down the mountain without your buddy. Stay within eyesight and you won't get lost/left alone. Please have one of your buddies cell phone numbers on you.
4. The main lodge will have my cell phone number. If something isn't right, go the main lodge and tell them you are with West Bridgewater High School. They'll call me and I'll be there.
5. No disrespect toward Wachusett but the two black diamonds they have are really much closer to blues. If you just started skiing and riding blacks this year, you do not belong on the blacks at Stratton until you get plenty of blues in. For a lot of you, that will be plenty of a challenge to satisfy you. If you just started skiing or riding this year and were completely new to all this, you should be on greens first to see how that goes before proceeding.
Stratton has 92 trails open right now. In case you didn't know, Wachusett has 22 trails so that gives you an idea of the difference in variety. There are fantastic greens and blues as well as plenty of challenging blacks.
The bus will be leaving school at 5:30am from the tv studio parking lot. I will be there at 5:00 and I am expecting everyone to show up by 5:15 so we can leave on time - you can sleep on the 3.5 hour ride. If you are someone that needs caffeine to function, according to their websites, the Dunks on Main Street and West Center both open at 5:00 am while the Dunks at the Shell Station and the Honeydew on West Center are 24 hours. Please, please keep the bus clean!
The bus will drop us off and pick us up at the Sun Bowl, which is a smaller lodge right next to the slopes. Once there, please store your belongings in a locker, cubby, or at the Main Base Lodge at the complimentary bag check. If you are interested in getting a park pass, go to www.SES.Stratton.com or you can get the pass at the lodge after you watch the safety video. We will be leaving the mountain at 4:00 pm so plan on being back on the bus by say 3:30-3:45. The runs are longer so don't try to squeeze one more in if you don't have time. You'll probably be in the lodge wiped out by then anyway. We will stop for a quick fast food dinner on the way home - probably within the first hour. Once we're 20 minutes out, you'll call home for pick-up.
If I missed anything, please let me know. Parents, if you have any questions or concerns, e-mail me anytime before Friday. Students, e-mail is fine but I'm happy to address any concerns/questions if you just stop by the tv studio. I hope you're all as excited about this trip as I am!
Finally, for an interactive trail map, go to: http://www.stratton.com/the-mountain/trail-maps/interactive-map.aspx
There you can click on the greens, blues and blacks to see which trails are where. See you Saturday morning!