I should have conveyed this information to students before our first trip but for some reason I thought it was in the mountain application. This is the Responsibility Code taken directly from the mountain's website. All students are expected to follow this every single time they are at the mountain. If anyone has a question about any of this information, please see me before we get to the mountain.
1. Always stay in control and be able to stop or avoid other people or objects.
2. People ahead of you have the right of way. It is your responsibility to avoid them.
3. You must not stop where you obstruct a trail or are not visible from above.
4. Whenever starting downhill or merging into a trail, look uphill and yield to others.
5. Always use devices to help prevent runaway equipment.
6. Observe all posted signs and warnings. Keep off closed trails and out of closed areas.
7. Prior to using any lift, you must have the knowledge and ability to load, ride and unload safely.